- What time do you get up?
If Iím lucky, diva oíclock, or noon as itís called, when all self respecting divas arise, are hand fed scones and strawberries and have their latest rave reviews read by someone buff and scantily clad.
- If you could eat lunch with one person, who would it be?
The poet Rumi.
Okay. But donít expect me to put out.
- What was the last film you saw at the cinema?
I donít remember. Iíve been touring too much. And Iím a movie-aholic.
- What is/are your favorite TV show(s)?
For laughs and my bank account, The Nanny. Otherwise, I watch movies, the news, and the occasional episode of Will and Grace. But tell me, where are my favís now like I Love Lucy, The Mary Tyler Moore Show, Get Smart and The Avengers?
- What did you have for breakfast?
Coffee, fresh orange juice and a spinach and fontina cheese omelette at The Hollywood Roosevelt.
- Who would you hate to be stuck in a room with?
He canít seem to pronounce the word nuc-le-ar.
- What inspires you?
Anything and everything. Life is gorgeous and sexy and every moment conspires to be my muse.
- What is your middle name?
If you have to ask, you are not worthy.
- Beach, City or Country?
Yes, Iíll be right over.
- Favorite ice cream?
Peanut butter, chocolate.
- Butter, plain or salted popcorn?
Lightly salted in a darkened movie theater with a hand to hold.
- Favorite color?
- What kind of car do you drive?
- Favorite sandwich?
Isnít that personal?
- What characteristic do you despise?
Cynicism and condescension, the cancers of contemporary culture.
- Favorite flowers?
Roses, peonies, gardenias.
- Where would you go on vacation?
After this tour, home sweet home.
- What color is your bathroom?
White and lavender.
- Favorite brand of clothing?
To relax in, Elie Tahari, to gussie up in, St. John.
- Where would you retire?
Retire? Me? No way. But get that beach house set up for me -
driving distance from New York City or somewhere sublimely nestled in Northern California.
- Favorite day of the week
Whatever day today is.
- What did you do for your last birthday?
Had a sumptuous dinner of caviar and champagne in Moscow with my love.
- Where were you born?
Chicago, Illinois- birthplace of Nat King Cole, Mel Torme and Anita OíDay.
- Favorite sport to watch?
No. But baseball is entertaining around the World Series and The U.S. Open is fun when youíre a guest of the sponsor.
- Who do you least expect to send this back to you?
- Person you expect to send it back first?
- What fabric detergent do you use?
Dreft; if it ainít good enough for babies, it ainít good enough for me.
- Coke or Pepsi?
- Are you a morning person or a night owl?
Iím a mourning person if I canít be a night owl.
- What is your shoe size?
9 Ĺ, same as my age when I wanted to be the fifth Beatle.
- Do you have any pets?
Yes, Muffin, a person dressed up in a cat outfit.
- What is your fav. season?
Autumn in New York.
- What time is it?
1:06 a.m. in LA.
- Name as it appears on birth certificate?
Ann Hampton Callaway.
- Number of candles on your last birthday cake?
Russians arenít into that. Itís too tiring after all that vodka.
A borrowed one, Nicholas Callaway Foster, the son I dreamed of but didnít have to suffer childbirth for.
- Hair color?
Why not? Iím feeling frisky.
Never. I donít want to be eighty and asking myself ďwhat the hell was I thinking?"
The first thing I notice about a person.
- How much do you love your job?
ďHow deep is the ocean, how high is the sky?Ē
New York, New York and nobody better mess with it because theyíll have me to contend with.
- Favorite Food?
Caviar, shrimp, salmon, oysters, artichokes, aged cheeses, stuff that makes my body look ďenthusiasticĒ.
- Been to Africa?
Not yetÖjust think, a whole continent of ďCallaway virginsĒ!
- Been toilet papering?
That is beneath a diva.
- Have you ever been in love?
The question is, have I ever not been in love?
- Been in a car accident?
My philosophy is that there are no accidents but the two times I hydroplaned and busted up my green Suburu, ďEllaĒ were a real drag.
- Croutons or bacon bits?
I donít eat Wilbur but the occasional crouton is worth a crunch.
- Favorite saying or phrase?
"Art is the collaboration between God and the artist and the less the artist does, the better." ĖAndre Gide
- Favorite restaurant?
- Favorite nonalcoholic drink?
Water, soy latte, fresh juices and cranberry and seltzer.
- How many times did you fail your driver's test?
Never. By the time I turned forty, I was ready to succeed.
- Before this one, from whom did you get your last e-mail?
- Do you sing in the shower?
Yes, usually silly songs to my cat who waits outside the shower curtain for drips.
- Which store would you choose to max out your credit card?
Barnes and Noble or Saks Fifth Avenue.
- What do you do most when you are bored?
Iím never bored. How can anyone be bored? If youíre bored youíre not alive, youíre not awake, you need to be spanked.
Whenever the muse is finished with me.
- Glass half empty or half full?
Overflowing. Somebody, get me a paper towel, please!
- If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be?
In heaven on earth, where people treat each other with respect and live in peace. We all deserve this address and I believe it is possible.